28 August 2005

29

Back from Yosemite. What an amazing trip. We climbed to the top of Vernal Falls, the Sentinel Dome, and went down to the base of Yosemite Falls. We also stayed up late one night and went to a star show in the valley. We camped in the North Pines grounds, so we had a good view of Half Dome for almost all of our trip. It had been two years since I'd been to Yosemite. Oh how I missed it.

Amazing.

Amazing.

Trying to sell the Nova. not having so much luck so far. Maybe soon? Headed up to HumCo again on Thursday. Would really like to have it sold by then.

Having a going away party at my parent's house on Labor Day. Friends and family and beer and washers--If you don't know how to play washers, I'll show you if we meet in Ukr. What more could one want?

Just realized today--don't know why I didn't notice sooner--that our anniversary date is the same number as our Ukraine group.

29.

Weird.

Also, my Mom's 48th falls on the day of our swearing in. My last day as a Peace Corps volunteer--bar injury--will land on her 50th.

What a present for her!

Lastly, writing that piece for Perigee is harder than I thought. It's been a while since I've picked up a pen with any real intent, so the doubt--Lamott's "KFKD"--blaring at 10 in my head.

Bah...more planning for class to do.

1 comment:

Fuzz said...

Hey Larry and Karen,

wow, you guys went to Yosemite? Craig (my brother) and I went there just before I flew to Japan. We hiked 35 miles on the north rim trail. Came down Snow Creek Pass with a larger than life view of Half Dome. Saw the waterfalls, they were beginning to diminish from the deluge of earlier this summer. Glad to hear that you got dental clearance! Wahoo! its a landslide to Sept 23? now. Your friend, jeff